Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Are there any Erasmus Mundus scholarships offered for the August 2015 intake?

Answer: Unfortunately, Erasmus Mundus scholarships are no longer available for students, who wish to enter the IMSE program in August 2015.

Question: I will have not completed my BSc (or equivalent first degree) before the deadline, but I plan to finish it during the following spring before the IMSE program starts. Can I still apply?

Answer: Students in the last year of BSc studies can certainly apply for admission. The Selection Committee can tentatively admit the student based on a transcript of his/her academic record and the expected date of graduation, together with an official letter from their home university stating that the student will have completed the degree in due time.

Question: I am native speaker of English. Do I have to present any language skills proof or certificate?

Answer: Native speakers (from USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the English speaking part of Canada) do not have to send proof of language proficiency.

Question: I am not a “native speaker” according to the answer above, but I am from an Anglophone country and I have studied my BSc degree in English language. Do I still have to present a TOEFL or IELTS certificate?

Answer: You are exempt from doing an English test if you are a citizen of, or if you had your university education in English for at least three years in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States of America. For all other countries, the English test is compulsory.

Question: I do not have (yet) a TOEFL or IELTS certificate, but I am fluent in English and I have other proofs of proficiency (English courses, studies abroad done in English, publications in English, etc). Can I still apply?

Answer: The TOEFL or IELTS certificate is a mandatory admission requirement, and therefore it must be submitted with the application.

Question:I am a Chinese student. When do I have to apply for a Nuffic certificate?

Answer: Chinese applicants are kindly asked to note that they will need to apply for a Nuffic certificate in order to be able to study in the Netherlands. You can apply for the Nuffic certificate during your first semester of the programme.

Question: Is the IMSE programme suitable for applicants with work experience?

Answer: The IMSE programme is primarily aimed at fresh Bachelor graduates with no more than a few years of work experience. Based on our experiences, the programme content may be less relevant for those applicants with a substantial amount of work experience.

Comments are closed.